Before competing for the position of Bardic Champion, please consider the responsibilities of the office. Bardic Champions are expected to:
- Make an effort to attend at minimum the Crown Tournaments and Coronations during their tenure, and Pennsic if at all possible, as well as other Kingdom Events and Royal Progresses as the Champion is able.
- Be willing/able to perform at courts, feasts, and other functions (and at the whim of Their Royal Majesties).
- Be willing/able to perform something on the spur of the moment (especially in the event of a delay breaking out).
- Commemorate the history of The Crowns and the East Kingdom in song and story.
- Advise and assist the Crown in the organization of the competition to choose their successors.
- Run the East-Middle Bardic Exposition at Pennsic, featuring performances by representatives of the East, the Middle and their “daughter” Kingdoms.
- In appropriate years, Champions may be asked to organize or provide performances for State Dinner or Queen’s Tea at Pennsic.